Sunday, December 16, 2007

Seven Random Things

I just remembered that Nature Woman tagged me a couple of days ago for a "Seven Random Things" meme.
Here are the rules:
The rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Hmmm... Here's what I came up with:
1. I am a Medical Technologist and part of my job is to draw blood for legal blood alcohol levels for law enforcement agencies. A few times a year I receive subpoenas to testify in court. I just got one for next month. Yuck.
2. I always have a rosary in my pocket or in my purse.
3. My fingers are double jointed. My thumbs can bend backward at a 90 degree angle.
4. I can't stand to scoop corn starch out of the box. I can feel a squeak like fingernails on a black board.
5. I have a serious addiction to Caribou latte, extra hot, no foam.
6. I love Costco. It used to be that I couldn't get out of Target without spending $100. Now it's Costco.
7. My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla. Actually, vanilla is the only flavor I like.
________________________
Since most everyone I know has been tagged all ready, I'm going to refrain from tagging anyone else. Feel free to join in if you want to!

9 comments:

Jayne said...

Love these Lynne! I did mine today as well and couldn't think of anyone else to tag either. :c) Sam's fav is vanilla too. He also pretty much won't eat any other flavor.

Mary said...

When I got to number 4, I shivered. I prefer vanilla, too, but butter pecan is my next choice. I'm still struggling with Target...

Erie's Argonaut said...

Interesting, I bet you have to draw blood from some pretty interesting people, no?

I've never seen a person in real life that is double jointed. Bending my thumb back as far as it goes and it is almost straight, ha.

I feel about raw bananas like you feel about cornstarch. It's the texture!

I'm a Walmart person myself. My husband won't go into one on principle(I guess I don't have any principles, ha) unless we are on a trip and it is the only place around. I like White Cloud tp that I can only find at Walmart.

I don't think there is a flavor of ice cream I don't like.

I got tagged and didn't post so I suppose I kind of, sort of, did it on this comment. :-)

Amy said...

My thumbs are double-jointed!

Larry said...

5)I don't know what a Caribou Latte is but it sound mighty tasty!

7)Only Vanilla? Are you picky with other foods too?

3)I'll bet you would make a lot of hitchikers envious with those thumbs.

4)Hope you weren't forced to scoop cornstarch out of a box as a child.

NatureWoman said...

Oh wow Lynne, I didn't realize you drew blood to check for blood alcohol levels. That has to be a pain to go to court. I love learning more about you!

dguzman said...

Wow, Lynne--you are doing what I want to, kinda! I want to work in a forensic lab, but I too am a little afraid about the possibility of having to testify. That scares me more than the possibility of having to work a scene with a dead body in it, I think.

I like vanilla too, but strawberry is my favorite. People always think it's weird to not like all those crazy flavors out there, but I like strawberry, boring old strawberry. Yummy strawberry. Yum... (making yummy sounds now)

RuthieJ said...

Is there a Caribou in Duluth? I want to make sure you don't have to go through "withdrawal" in February!!

nina at Nature Remains. said...

I'm double-jointed in my thumbs, too! I think it's hereditary--maybe we're related! :-)