There is a Christmas meme going around!
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap present or just set them under the tree?
Santa's presents are wrapped, but in paper different from the others.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored on the house, white on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
We start the first week end in December, finish by Christmas!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desert)?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
The first time I attended midnight mass. The music and candle light was so beautiful.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
One of my brothers told me when I was about 10.
9. Do you open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas Eve. Always.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
The kids do all of the tree decorating, I clean up the mess afterward! It's fun to listen to them tell the stories behind the ornaments, and all of them have stories.
11. Snow- Love it or dread it?
Love it. (until the end of February)
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but it's not pretty!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? (as a child)
Yes. My brother gave me a metal Slinky, wrapped in the corner of a triangular box. I had the BEST time shaking and guessing on that one!
14. What's the most exciting thing about the holidays for you?
I love watching the excitement in my kids. Personally, I especially love church this time of year. It is such a holy time.
15. What is your favorite holiday desert?
I love kringle. Oh- and spritz cookies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Driving with the family at night, looking at Christmas lights.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer- giving or receiving?
My first answer is giving, but when I think about it, happily receiving a gift makes the giver feel good too.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Still, Still, Still
20. Candy canes?
Maybe just one, with hot chocolate!