Saturday, September 03, 2011

Road Trip!



I haven't been around much this summer. Between changing from part time to full time work, and our major time commitment to our building at Hasty Brook, (and I will admit to spending more time on Facebook), I have neglected this blog. Life gets busy and my good intentions to get back to blogging slipped away.

But- life is good here. So I will pick up where I left off and turn my back on the guilt.

My best birding friend Ruthie Johnson, the Nature Knitter emailed me a while back asking if I was interested in joining her for another girls' road trip to The Midwest Birding Symposium in Lakeside, Ohio on the shore of beautiful Lake Erie. It only took me a moment to think it over. Described as "America's Friendliest Birding Event", the weekend September 15-18 will be jam-packed with fun. The line-up of speakers is incredible! There are field trips to the area's amazing birding spots and the Birder's Marketplace has 68 vendors offering a wide range of products and services.

It will be an opportunity to reconnect with old birding friends, meet birders that I've gotten to know through blogging and Facebook, and make new friends.

I am excited to have been chosen to be an Official MBS Blogger! Check out the link on my side bar. It will take you to the MBS website and detail all of the great information describing this amazing weekend of birding, birders, entertainment and FUN!

It's not too late to sign up.

I hope to see you there!






13 comments:

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

See you there!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the official MBS
blogger gig--looking forward
to read of your and Ruthie's
adventures. Have fun!!
Hap in New Hope

Heather said...

Lynne, can't wait to see you again!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Nancy- I can't wait!

Hap- Thank you. I'm sure Ruthie and I will have a blast.

Heather- it will be so great to see you again!

RuthieJ said...

I can't believe that only 2 Saturdays from now we'll be in Ohio with old & new friends at The World's Friendliest Birding Event!
P.S. I got the licorice at Fleet Farm today! :-)

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Yay!
Lynne and Ruthie, travel safely!
Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, rats! I'll be driving right past it on our way to California. Too bad because it isn't all that far from my city and I would have liked to have met up with you again.
Have fun! Linda from Erie
PS-love it when you blog!

KaHolly said...

Glad to see you this morning. Have thought of you. You are so fortunate to be going to the MBS. I would love to be able to attend. I'm never quite ready to leave Cape Breton this time of year, though! Esp. this year, since summer weather only arrived 3weeks ago! Have a wonderful time. Share lots of pictures. ~karen

Unknown said...

Yey, a new post!! I hope you have a wonderful time and I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

FAB said...

Hi Lynne. I'm sure you'll all have a great time. I'll be watching for updates from afar. Cheers FAB.

Kelly said...

Hi Lynne! I'll be there too! Looking forward to meeting you.

Larry said...

Sounds like it should be a lot of fun. It's enough for me to keep up with blogging so I never bothered with facebook,texting or any other of the new stuff going on.

troutbirder said...

Hey Lynne. Have a great time and say hi to Ruthie for me. I'll be heading up your way on the 15th to Scenic State Park north of Grand Rapids for a week of fishing and birding. Hope is doesn't snow. :)