Wednesday, May 09, 2007

White-crowned Sparrow!!


Look who came to visit my yard this morning!!

What a pretty sparrow- so formal looking.

Do you like my crown?

Here's a view of the top. Now I'm wondering what it is with the sparrows wanting to feed and pose next to this crummy can of starting fluid, tossed to the ground and LEFT THERE by a husband named Art. Some might say it adds a splash of color to the sand and gravel. (that would be Art). Others (me) say it looks like we're the trashy neighbors everyone seems to have. Either way, darn near every good sparrow picture I've gotten in the last two weeks has been next to this can. I was going to pick it up, but maybe I should just leave it a while.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Deb said...

Now there's one I've never seen before!

Oh- and, you should see our yard...we'd never make it in the suburbs! :)

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Deb- I'm starting to think it's a lucky HEET can! I just need an excuse to leave the junk where it is. :)

Mary said...

"Touch that can and lose your fingers!"

LOL!

I've just seen two lifers from you this morning. The white-crowned sparrow is very pretty!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Mary- Yes, I think the can will stay until spring migration is over. ;)
The white-crowned sparrow looks very tidy and regal doesn't he?

Cathy said...

This cracked me up. I just walked around the side of our house today and found my hubby's 'staging' area for his yard projects. I haven't been back there in a long time. OMG!
If that's what it takes to get birds like yours - I'm getting a case of this stuff :0)

Larry said...

Love the boldness on the White-crowned head.-They are uncommon in Connecticut.-very nice.

NatureWoman said...

I love the white crowned sparrow Lynne! Hmmm, if the can attracts the birds. . .