Thursday, July 05, 2007

Eight Random Facts Meme

Birdchick tagged me for this Eight Random Facts Meme. I'm not sure if I've done it before so pardon me if my Eight Random Facts sound familiar!

Here are the rules for Eight Random Facts:
Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I don't like monkeys. They are sneaky and cunning. And they fling poo.

2. In the tenth grade while working at Woolworth's I sold a bag of circus peanuts to Marlo Thomas.

3. I can't swim.

4. I love cotton. (The look, the feel of cotton- the fabric of our lives)

5. I speak fluent Double Dutch.

6. I am the youngest of five and there are 15 years between me and my oldest brother.

7. I am allergic to cashews.

8. I love musicals. When I was a kid I thought the world would be perfect if we could just break into song and dance at any time. Still do.

Here are the folks I tag:

1. Mary at Mary's View
2. Jayne at Journey Through Grace
3. Ruthie at Nature Knitter
4. Larry at The Brownstone Birder
5. Pam at Nature Woman
6. Mary at Mary's Corner of the World
7.Linda at Erie's Argonaut
8. Nina at Nature Remains

10 comments:

NatureWoman said...

Lynne, it is always nice to learn new things about my blogging friends! What is Double Dutch as opposed to Dutch? Mmmm, dutch, it's making me crave some dutch chocolate icecream! Monkeys / apes / gorillas (I don't know which) spit too. I got spit on a the zoo when I was a kid. That grossed me out bad.
I'll do the meme as soon as I get a chance Lynne!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Pam- See- monkeys ARE nasty!
Double Dutch is sort of like pig Latin. Mmmm...now I want chocolate!

Mary said...

Lynne, I will do this! I eat cashews like there's no tomorrow! What happens to you???

I am not fond of musicals - I tolerate them... except for "The Music Man" since my daughter had a part in it when she was little. "Trouble..Trouble in River City"...

I think Monkey's are cute but I've never had one pull my hair out. Nasty beasts.

Double Dutch is a jump-rope game if you are a city girl! That's how I know it. I knew Pig Latin language many years ago.

LOL!

LostRoses said...

Hi Lynne, those are fun things to know about you! As for the musicals, I've always envied people who think like that - I'm not one of them. I do often wonder where my "background music" is though (like in the movies)!

Susan Gets Native said...

Dang it, Lynne! I tagged some of the peeps YOU tagged. Does that mean they need to list 16 things?

I like monkeys.
I hate cashews. And it's good to know that you are allergic. While at Cape May, we will be sure to keep all nuts away from you.
Double Dutch? I thought all you Minnesooootians spoke Swedish. :)

Cathy said...

How would anyone determine that monkeys fling poo? Evidently I live a pretty sheltered life ;0)

Wow. Sorry about the cashew thing. I'm like Mary - if I open a can - they're gone.

15 years between you and your brother. I'm sure you were the most pleasant surprise of your parent's life :0)

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Mary- cashews make me break out in sheets of blisters on the palms of my hands and the bottoms of my feet. Not pretty! The Music Man is one of my favorites. In 9th grade I had a terrible crush on the senior that played Harold Hill in our high school production.

Lostroses- wouldn't background music be great?

Susan- Not all of us Minnesooootians are Swedish! I, myself am a mostly Norwegian girl.

Cathy- EVERYBODY knows that monkeys fling poo! (just kidding about everybody, but they DO fling poo.) And yep- I was a surprise. My parents were 41 and 44 when I was born!

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Quack, quack--can't swim? That's ok--I'll bet if you had webbed feet, it'd be easier! :-)

Larry said...

You are hilarious-I'm just cracking up about your silly Monkey and musical comments-I know it has to be a Friday.-By the way-I do break in to song out of the blue some times.

Mary said...

Monkeys fling poo. I'll bet they do.