Every body's doing it. Here goes!
1. I love rocks. I love their shapes, colors and textures. I especially like smooth rocks. There are two big 10+ pound rocks in the trunk of my car right now that I stopped and picked up on the side of the road to take home. I'd like to use the big ones some day to build a rock wall in the back yard, but for now I have piles of rocks. Lots of rocks.
2. I can't sleep with the pillowcase opening near my face. It has to be behind me. Along this same line, I can't let the blanket touch my face. I wonder if there is some deep psychological meaning behind this.
3. I might have mentioned this before, but I am petrified of stairs that you can see through.
4. I have always been crazy about microscopes. This led me to a career as a Medical Technologist working in hospital laboratories. This must explain my love for my binoculars. To see things clearly that can't be seen with the naked eye is just magical.
5. I also as a girl thought seriously about becoming a nun. Now I feel strongly that my vocation is to be a good wife and mother.
6. I love music (and my Bose!) and though it's not always appreciated, I nearly always sing along. I can't help it.
7. I hate bananas but love banana bread.
8. I believe that people who snap their gum should be exiled far, far away on an empty planet. Without gum.
9. My brush with celebrity: During high school, while working at Woolworth's, I sold a bag of circus peanuts to Marlo Thomas.
10. Growing up the youngerst of five, I'm the only one in our house (including Mom and Dad) who never smoked. I am also the only member of my generation, of both my Mom's and my Dad's sides of the family to graduate college.
A memory of last spring: lilacs in bloom and my first rose-breasted grosbeak in the yard.