Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Bunny Day

Today was a much better day. My Mom is in better spirits, the basement is mostly dry, and I slept like a log last night! I spent the entire day catching up on the never-ending pile of laundry, made tons of phone calls, scheduled many, many dentist and Dr.'s appointments that needed scheduling, took my Mom grocery shopping and made a terrific supper. It was really very satisfying. It was cold and snowy all day, nothing new at the feeders and no time to go out looking for birds. So... I pulled out this picture of a beautiful backyard bunny. Isn't she pretty? I know she'll eat my hostas and shrubs and flowers but she's so dang pretty!

11 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

I think she knows it too!

Mary said...

Mine are eaten, too, but I just sigh and look the other way. They are just too cute.

Glad to hear you up feeling good again :)

Ruth said...

We have many bunnies in our neighbourhood, but they come out in the evening and I have never seen one in good enough light to get a picture. This picture looks even better in large view.
Ruth

Jayne said...

Sweet bunny! Glad the basement is drier and that you got some restful sleep. Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

NatureWoman said...

Lynne, so glad your Mom is doing better and your feeling good! What a difference a day makes, huh?
Love the pretty bunny. The bunnies get away with eating my backyard stuff, too.

Deb said...

I just found out the bunnies nibbled on my apple trees and may have girdled a tree or two...but yet I still think they are cute... oh well.....

Susan Gets Native said...

Bunnies ate my chokecherry tree down to a nub last year, but that's the only damage I have seen. But of course, I don't grow veggies much and everyone is welcome to just about anything in the yard anyway.

Lynne's got a WILD HARE!

Anonymous said...

I think wild bunnies are the prettiest of all, even though they are just brown. They're got just the sweetest look to them.

HellZiggy said...

Bunneh!!!!
I love backyard bunnies. I name all of mine Harvey. :)
They are so darn cute and they eat my dandelions!

Larry said...

I enjoy seeing seeing rabbits when they come in to my yard.-They love clover.

Cathy said...

I'd missed this precious bunny. He's beautiful. So glad your mum had a better day. Dry basement and good food. That's happiness.