Tuesday, January 20, 2009

37 Random Things About Me-

I naturally snatched this meme from Jayne for two reasons: There's nothing going on up here to blog about and I could copy and paste and add my own answers with minimal typing which is handy for a one handed typist!


37 Random Things About Me


1. Do you like blue cheese? Yum!

2. Have you ever smoked? Never. Both of my parents and all 5 of my siblings did at various times though.

3. Do you own a gun? No, but Art does. Licensed and locked.

4. What flavor Kool Aid is your favorite? Cherry

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love them grilled to a bit crispy. Mustard ONLY.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Prancer. (with Sam Elliott. Makes me cry every time)

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee.

9. Can you do push-ups? Umm...no.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A military 4-way medal that was my Dad's.

11. Favorite hobby? Birding/Blogging

12. Do you have A.D.D? No, I'm pretty rigid at work but sloppy at home.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes with bifocals. That reminds me I need new ones...

14. Middle name? Marie.

15. Name thoughts at this moment? Need to make a grocery list...

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, Lipton's Diet Raspberry Iced Tea (instant), Coke (not diet)

17. Current worry? Lay-offs.

18. Current hate right now? Knowing how much dirty laundry there is downstairs.

19. Favorite place to be? Hasty Brook.

20. How did you bring in the New Year? Sleeping. I had to work at 0630 on January 1.

21. Where would you like to go? See #19.

22. Name three people who will complete this? Susan, May, Ruthie.

23. Do you own slippers? I need a new pair.

24 What color shirt are you wearing? Blue and white.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never tried them. I do love micro fleece sheets in winter.

26. Can you whistle? Yes, but not as well as my brother Phil.

27. Favorite Color? Yellow.

28. What songs do you sing in the shower? Anything. Right now I'm really loving Ray LaMontagne and Emmylou Harris.

29. Would you be a pirate? Arrr...NO. They fight and steal and don't shower.

30. Favorite Girl's Name? Amalie Rose. That's Molly's given name. Amalie was her great-grandmother from Germany. Rose is from St. Therese, the Little Flower.

31. Favorite boy's name? John Wallace. Johnny was named John for my Mom's father and Wallace for my Dad.

32. What's in your pocket right now? A rosary and Cabella's chap stick.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? A funny email from Richard.

34. What vehicle do you drive? Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

35. Worst injury you've ever had? Torn meniscus.

36. Do you love where you live? YES.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Four.


Let's see whole else wants to share these 37 random facts.

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Liked reading these to learn more about you! I love the fleece sheets too (someone else put that in their answer as well - I guess fleece sheets rule!)

Anonymous said...

I learned some things as well. I've never tried the fleece sheets, might be good for winter. What kind of question is "Would you be a pirate?" That's funny, who would come up with that, ha. I loved your answer. This cold weather is a good reason to do these memes. I'm finding there's no place I want to go or nothing I want to do when it is this cold and the ground is slippery. Actually, I'm quite bored so I put wheels on my kitchen cart today.

Tina said...

Lynne,
Interesting questions..wonder who decides on which ones get placed in the meme...great answers, a little insite for the rest of us!

Kim said...

Another Ray LaMontagne lover, YES!! I have both of his CD's and can listen to him over and over again. His voice is incredible!

You have the same exact taste in drinks as I do. I drink coffee, Coke (non diet) and water though.

Very fun to read more about you.

Mary said...

Ok, Linne. May will do it.

Now I need to look up meniscus.

May

RuthieJ said...

Hi Lynne,
this post made me chuckle--I love when people post stuff like this because I'm naturally very nosy, but usually too polite to ask these questions.
I'll try to get something ready for tomorrow's blog (now that my birdJam is all loaded and off my desk -- Yea!)

Jayne said...

Fun, fun! :c)

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Nice blog! I enjoy reading the memes.........

Heidi said...

So you tore your meniscus? How did you do that?

Mine was in combo with a severed ACL... not torn as the usual case... I had to make it really good! Sadly, mine was due to a really STUPID injury... I was playing soccer and there was no collision involved. Nope... I just went to get the ball out of bounds and grabbed it and turned around and pop pop pop... sigh :( I need a much cooler story.

NatureWoman said...

I always like reading these to learn more about you, Lynne!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

I was given this same task but I just couldn't do it because I had to explain...it got to be overwhelming. I like how you handled the challenge! I hope your wrist is better.