Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Going Up North

I took this picture of our front entryway last week before the frost made slime out of the impatiens. I swapped them out with bright yellow mums and they look pretty nice. Look closely at the little hay bale on the cart at the right. I found the two fake crows at a local craft store! A couple of visitors have been convinced that they are real birds!

Finally, tomorrow after school we're heading up to Hasty Brook. We haven't been up there since the end of August. Between my working every other weekend and school activities for the kids, we couldn't get away. I'm going in to work a short shift (2300-0200) tonight and I have a bunch of errands to do tomorrow before the kids get home, then pack up the car, drive 2 1/2 hours, hook up the electricity, air out the camper, get the furnace going, make supper... A long day on not much sleep, but I'm going to Hasty Brook- truely the most beautiful place in my world!

AMEN!!! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jayne said...

Love the crows! Have a very wonderful, restorative time Lynne and take some pretty pictures to share. Be safe!

MojoMan said...

I can't wait to hear about your special place!

NatureWoman said...

Your front entryway is beautiful! I hope you really enjoy your weekend at Hasty Brook! Looking forward to your photos!

LauraHinNJ said...

Have a great time and enjoy the fall color.

Love your fall display!

Deb said...

MEA weekend is great!! My husband will be duck hunting on Island Lake near Cromwell this weekend. Hope there are some bright golden tamaracks for you to enjoy.

swamp4me said...

It makes me happy to know that you have such a place in your life. Hope your visit is glorious!

Susan Gets Native said...

Have a blast!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty picture. Hope you have a great time and we'll be waiting to hear all about it.